Thursday 30 June 2011

People

A third important inspiration for me is whenever I see elderly or ill patients at the hospital where I volunteer. This motivates and reminds me to be respectful, kind and compassionate towards everyone, especially them. I feel more determined to be considerate of their feelings and whenever we converse I try to be as friendly and thoughtful as possible. I feel inspired to help them out, and simply push the door open for them and be polite. Those are the moments when I am thankful for the life god gave me, and grateful of everything I have and could have asked for. Although this isn’t an inspiration as big as wanting to change the world, instead it inspires me to just be a better person in everyway possible.  In these small moments those small acts of kindness can make a large difference to that one person I am helping. That makes me realize that perhaps the way to make a big difference in the world is, as the cliché says, “by one small act at a time.”

A relevant quote from Mother Teresa is: "Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless."

Here's a link to a news story about students who started making small acts of kindness and look what they ended up creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment